Tuesday 25 December 2012

Ultimate Six Frock Coat -
coming together at last!

If you have been following my blog recently you will have seen how I have been making the sections of my Ultimate Six Frock Coat, and will realise it is close to assembling at last.

Before showing how it looks sewn together, I thought as a Christmas Day treat I’d show you the three sections together to give you an idea of how it’s shaping up.


As a comparison, here is the photo I took recently of the original coat laid out in a similar way.
Looking good!

3 comments:

  1. Great teaser treat! Happy Christmas!

    TF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coat's looking superb so far Steve, it's a testement to the time you've poured into the project... I imagine you've cursed John Nathan-Turner's name more than a few times over the course of production and replication.

    I can't help but notice, that the replica appears to have one extra red panel on the Applique Strip when compared to the screen-used photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      On the extra red panel - can I say seam allowance!

      The hem hasn't been turned - this is just the made pieces - so that panel will not be seen.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.