Sunday 8 May 2011

Ultimate Six Frock Coat: the easy fabrics -
colour matching round four

So after three rounds of lab testing the colours I need, I have arranged a direct comparison with the real coat to see where I’m at. Results have been good, and I’ve feed back some info to the dyers.

Time for round four!
Fabrics 3, 4

This round I am concentrating on two colours: the Green Felt (Fabric 3) and the Peach Wool (Fabric 4).

I showed the dyers the comparison photos and gave them a description of where to go next, and today I got the answer to their efforts.


That Peach is looking pretty damned good, though I can see another round coming for the green! It is still lacking the depth of colour it needs.

Plans are for the original coat to visit me again before the end of the month, so I won’t order another round of lab dyes until after that, so for now I just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.