Saturday 12 February 2011

Ultimate Six Frock Coat: the easy fabrics -
colour matching round three

I reported recently that I had received a second round of lab dyed wools for my colour matching.
I’m slowly getting there, but wanted to have another little go at the Green Felt (Fabric 3) and the Peach Felt (Fabric 4).
Fabrics 3 and 4

The previous round of tests moved the project forward, but I felt were weren’t there just yet (see left).

Well today I got the latest revised swatches for approval.

I think the Peach Felt (Fabric 4) looks better, and although the Green Felt (Fabric 3) looks stronger in colour, I don’t think it is quite right yet.


That said, I think I now have a collection of swatches worth putting forward for direct comparison to the original coat to see how we stand.
I know that some of them are not right yet, but I could benefit from seeing them side-by-side to know which direction to go with the colour.

Check back soon to see how thing turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.